A Little Treat at the Show Space Re-Treat

Last week I was kindly invited along to The Show Space Retreat at Redbull studios for a bit of pre-fashion week pampering. 

Director Nikki Sheldon held a two day pampering session for fashion industry professionals which included a  long list of treatments including hair styling, massages, eyebrow threading, manicures, Nioxin, spray tanning and make overs. Just what every model needs just before a hectic season of work!

I was fortunate enough to have two treatments done whilst sipping on Redbull ice smoothies and relaxing in the comfort of the RedBull Studios.

The first was a Nioxin Scalp Dermabrasion treatment. I have to admit I was slightly freaked out when they put my scalp under a microscope for me to see. I have always been quite precious of my hair, making sure it is in the best condition it can possibly be at all times. After dying my hair for the first time a few weeks ago, and a drastic change of red, I have had to change my hair care routine including all clarifying shampoos. This meant that there was a slight build up shown on my scalp as well as some irritation from a shoot the previous day. 
It started with a scalp treatment that removes build up, increases blood circulation and stimulates the scalp to promote healthier hair growth. The first thing I noticed was the tingling sensation  The treatment which contains menthol is left on for 10 minutes to work. I am a big fan of products I can feel working and this is definitely one of them. After ten minutes the product was rinsed off and followed by a Nioxin shampoo and conditioning treatment before being blow dried. 
My hair instantly felt weightless, my scalp felt squeaky clean and my hair felt wonderfully soft. I honestly couldn't stop swishing it around and didn't want to leave until the rain had stopped. 
Unfortunately I didn't manage to take many photos but the image on the right shows the scalp treatment being left to work.

The second of my treatments was an eye brow threading done by blink brow bar. It was by far the best threading I have had. The shape was perfect and so neat. I am loving how much easier it is to fill them in the mornings.

I want to say thankyou to The Show Space Re-Treat for having me! I had an amazing time and feel ready for fashion week!

No comments:

Post a Comment