My Top 3 Dry Skin Saviours

Most months of the year I have normal/oily skin, but with these cold months dragging on, between the freezing cold winds and the constant central heating, my skin has become much more combination with dry patches. 
I've found three products which have worked wonders at keeping dry skin at bay and leaving my face beautifully hydrated whilst this cold weather is still here to stay, so thought I would share them today.

 Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serim

To start off is Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Bi-Phase Serum. I first discovered this mid last year and was using it on occasion to give my skin a moisture boost but I really started to love this when winter set in. 
It has quite a hefty ingredient list containing fair trade atafray bark extract, a new hyaluronic acid complex, Omega-3 rich Inca peanut extract, sorbier bud extract, artic cloudberry, pomegranate and willow herb extract. Heard of half of that before? No me neither but combined it has created some kind of miracle for dry skin! 
The Bi-Phase part means it contains an oil part and a hydration solution so be sure to shake the bottle before use to combine the two parts.
The serum itself is quite watery and has a slight gel consistency making it cooling when first applied. It's incredibly hydrating yet doesn't take long to sink in to the skin meaning it can be used in the morning and wont be too greasy under make up. In fact it leaves a velvety almost matte finish making it a perfect step in my morning routine.
I love this product so much that I have already repurchased it twice and got my mum into using it as well. I have also been using the HydraQuench cream mask and love that too! I'll post a review soon.

Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum retails for £41 for 30ml so is on the pricey side but well worth every penny. I'm also led to believe that Clarins counters do offer good size samples of this so it's worth asking to see if it suits you before purchasing the full 30ml.

Weleda Skin Food*

Next up is Weleda's Skin Food. I have grown very fond of this brand over the last few years since discovering them. Skin food was the first of their products I tried and I knew instantly it would be a product I would be using for years. 
Until a month ago I had never dreamt of using this on my face as it is a very thick cream which leaves a slightly oily residue, however once the dry patches appeared it was the first thing I reached for knowing it would do the job. I apply a fairly thick layer before bed and by morning all dry patches are completely gone!
The cream has been around since 1926, contains only natural ingredients and has a very strong herbal scent which I find calming, probably due to the chamomile, rosemary and calendula in it.
Not only am I a huge fan of this products but my boyfriend has been stealing this to combat his dry patches too! The cream also has a huge celebrity following including the likes of Adele, Rhianna and Alexa Chung.

Weleda Skin food retails for a very reasonable £8.95 for 75ml and a little does go a very very long way! 

Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Oil*

Last up is Weleda's Almond Soothing Facial Oil. 
This little gem contains only three ingredients! This practically unheard of in skincare nowadays but it really does works. The ingredients are prunus amygdalus dulcis oil (sweet almond oil), prunus domestica seed oil and prunus spinosa flower extract. After some googling I fund out that prunus is a type of plant, just so you know!
These three ingredients are anti-bacterial, anti-inflamatory, antioxident and anti-aging, which basically means it is a dream for anyone with sensitive skin which reacts easily to chemicals.
This is a multi use product which can be used as a daily facial oil when only applying a small amount, a more intensive treatment when more is applied and left to soak in over night or as a make up remover when applied to cotton wool and wiped over the face. 
I personally prefer to use this as a hydrating over night treatment. It really does feel very luxurious when massaged into cleansed skin before bed. It has a slight almond scent which isn't over powering and as it adsorbs fairly quickly is doesn't mean smearing oil all over your pillows. Result! 
I apply a few drops to dry skin and work it in, focusing on drier areas. Once I wake up my skin is noticeably softer, hydrated and glowing. 

The full size bottle of Weleda Almond Oil 50ml retails for £14.95 which when you consider how little you use will last you for months.
Also in the almond range designed for sensitive skin is a facial cream, facial lotion and cream cleanser. (I'll be reviewing the cleanser soon!)
One thing I also love about Weleda products is that you can buy travel sizes online meaning that you can try out products before committing to the full size.

Have you tried any of these products before? What are your winter dry skin saviors?

No comments:

Post a Comment