Lush's Dream Cream New Formula Coming Soon!


Last week I popped into my local Lush to pick up a bath bomb as I was going away and knew my hotel room would have a bath. I haven't had one in my flat for 10 months so of course I had to take advantage of it. There were just way too many bath luxuries to chose from so I asked one of the lovely shop assistants what she would recommend to help with the mild eczema on my arms. We then of course got talking about pretty much every product in the shop that would help it and when I expressed my love for Dream Cream she share with me with some new information that the formula is changing! 

Personally I think this is an 'if it isn't broken don't fix it' scenario. It's the company's number 1 selling product. and I can only worry that by changing the formula they will lose some fans? But apparently they'd had quite a few comments on how it wasn't moisturising enough so who knows. 

I was worried I wouldn't like the new formula as much so the lady kindly ran out to the back and got me the one tiny tub of the new one that they'd been sent to have a look. 
We compared the ingredients list and to be fair not a huge amount has changed, they've just taken out the few synthetic ingredients and added more of the natural skin softening ones. The new one is slightly darker in colour and is a thicker consistency.
Once applied to the skin I actually prefer the new one. You need less product which means the tub will last longer, it does feel much more moisturing and I felt my skin felt softer for longer after. 

Here are a list of ingredients in the current formula:
Oat Milk, Rose Water, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cocoa Butter, Glycerine, Stearic Acid,Triethanolamine, Tincture of Benzoin, Rose Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Lavender Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

I've looked everywhere and can't find any mention of a new formula so I guess it's not been released yet? I can't remember the new list but I do remember that the first ingredient was now Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and no longer Oat Milk as well as most of the synthetic ingredients had gone.

I'll be popping back in soon to try and snap the new ingredient list for you all to compare and find out a release date!

What are your thoughts on them changing the formula?



No comments:

Post a Comment