Wella Ilumina Colour - New Shades Campaign Featuring Me!

(Me in the new Wella Illumina Colour campaign)

My first experience with Illumina colour by Wella was whilst touring with them last year. At this stage I was very precious of my hair, I'd never dyed it, and I was too scared to do anything to damage it or mean that I had roots. (oh how a lot has changed in a year!) Though I am definitely not alone, apparently 62% of women who haven't dyed their hair say it is because of the fear of damage.
My hair was 'cooled down' for the tour which meant they took it from a warm blonde to a cooler one. I loved it! I was surprised that my hair still felt great and that it didn't feel damaged at all. I think this was the moment where I decided that it was okay to welcome change where my hair is concerned. 

A few months later I was booked onto a shoot to promote their new shades in the Illumina range. For the shoot they temporarily dyed my hair more apricot. I instantly fell in love and knew I wanted this to be my colour permanently. 

(behind the scenes shot I took just before shooting)/

 The hair dye itself is still by far one of my favourites. 
Using cleverly developed Microlight technology the dye works to protect the cuticle from impurities which stick to the hair when it is washed causing the hair to look dull. The outer layer of hair is transparent meaning to get great shine it needs to remain clear in order to reflect the light. Bleaching, product build up and daily pollution all work towards dulling hairs natural shine which we all work so hard and spend so much money on hair care to keep. Illumina colour works to keep the outer layer clear promoting hairs natural shine and those natural sun kissed highlights we all had as children. It also helps to seal and protect the cuticle from damage and to keep the shine locked in after washing. 
It's a dye designed to keep hair as close to 'virgin hair' as possible, making it great for first timers like myself. 
It's so gentle and conditioning on hair causing the least amount of damage. 
I am yet to find a dye which keeps my hair as soft and shiny which isn't a vegetable dye. 

To get my look in the campaign they used colours Pinot Blush 9/43 Soft Blonde 9/03 and Cool Blonde 10/69.

Have you tried Wella Illumina colour before? What's your favourite hair dye?

3 comments:

  1. Do you know how they got your hair apricot? I am in Australia and I desperately want that colour hair and have been tying for months to get it. I would love to be able to tell my hairdresser the formula....she uses wella but it always ends up too red and too dark.

    Xx gorgeous hair
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know how they got your hair apricot? I am in Australia and I desperately want that colour hair and have been tying for months to get it. I would love to be able to tell my hairdresser the formula....she uses wella but it always ends up too red and too dark.

    Xx gorgeous hair
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrisney, she listed the colours above. Wella Illumina Colour in Pinot Blush 9/43, Soft Blonde 9/03 and Cool Blonde 10/69

    ReplyDelete