L'oreal 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution

L'oreal 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution

After my beloved Clarins water comfort one step cleanser was finished up last month I decided I'd give something new a try before repurchasing. 
I regularly use Bioderma Crealine H20 on shoots and love it but with it being pretty hard to find in the UK right now I decided to pop into my nearest boots to see if there was anything I could pick up there and then before ordering it. 
This immediately caught my eye and at the bargain price of just £3.33 I couldn't say no to trying it out. 

So firstly for those who don't actually know what a micellar water is (my brother did ask me at the time why I didn't just turn on the tap) I thought I'd try and explain as simply as possible. 
A micellar water is achieved by surfactant mollecules forming clusters which stop oil and water repelling, so instead of oil and water mix cleansers where the oil floats to the top and you have to shake it to active it, the oil is suspended in the water itself. 

It is alcohol free, wont interfere with the skins PH balance and removes all traces or dirt and make up without drying out the skin or leaving a greasy residue or having to rinse it off. 

I mainly use this as a pre-cleanse to remove all of my make up before washing my face, it ensures that my cleanser can penetrate the skin properly rather than just removing my make up. 
Although it's also perfect for those lazy nights where an entire evening skin care routine seems like too much hassle, ditch the face wipes and use this instead! It is cheaper and your skin will thank you for it.
I find it very gentle and soothing on my skin. It's also suitable for use on the eyes, I have only found it to sting a little bit if I use too much after a few days of heavy make up on shoots otherwise it causes no irritation at all.

So how does it compare to Bioderma Sensibo Crealine H20?
I loved using this and although I don't think this will ever replace my love for how gentle bioderma is, at a fraction of the price it does an incredible job. It's no wonder a Bioderma Micellar Solution is sold every six seconds worldwide but it isn't the easiest to source or the cheapest so I'd definitely recommend the L'oreal micellar solution for those on a budget, it has definitely become a staple in my bathroom cabinet.

It retails at just £4.99 though it currently has a third off in boots.

I'm definitely wanting to try out more french skincare trends!
Have you tried a micellar solution? Which is your favourite?


1 comment:

  1. This is the only Micellar solution I've ever used and not got along with. I had a massive breakout after using this and it was the only new thing I'd added to my routine - boo! So glad it worked for you though, it does a great job at makeup removal but there's obviously something in it that doesn't agree with my skin! xx

    ReplyDelete