My First Illamasqua Order!


A little while ago after hitting 50,000 followers on Twitter, Illamasqua sent their website into a frenzy as they released a 50% off code valid only for a few hours. Luckily I was informed just 10 minutes before it ended so rushed (I say rushed, I was panicking as the page took forever to load) to add a few bits into my basket.


My two picks were the Rich Liquid foundation in 115 and lipstick in Maneater.


After trying their Skin Base foundation in the past and loving it, yet it being totally sold out, I decided to give this one a go. As I had no idea which shade I was it was a bit of a gamble but I quickly looked for swatches online (god bless beauty bloggers!) and picked 115 as it looked pale enough for me, if anything too pale, which meant I could just mix it. Described as a full coverage foundation I would want to do so anyway so it seemed like it would work. 


 The next item to be put into my basket was their lipstick in Maneater. I've got hooked on red lipstick lately, and with so many unusual colours to pick from, I decided to play it safe and go for a classic red. It has a matt finish which I love as they're so long lasting and none of the reds in my collection were so I was really excited for this to arrive! 


Rich Liquid foundation in 115 | Lipstick in Maneater

As you can see the foundation is very full coverage and 115 is a very light shade with neutral undertones.
The lipstick is a classic cherry red, which does actually appear slightly darker on the lips, I'll post a full review with it on soon to show you. 

Unfortunately even though it said both items were in stock at the time, once my parcel turned up I dug through it excitedly only to find the the foundation had not been included. After emailing customer services they explained to me that it had in fact been out of stock when I placed my order but their online system hadn't kept up so they refunded me my money and apologised. I was gutted as I was really eager to try their foundation and after emailing again they kindly gave me a new discount code to purchase it when it is back in stock. 
However as you can see I already have the foundation! That would be because after I received the email I moaned to my boyfriend and he tracked down the last one in 115 in London and picked it up on his way home from work for me as a surprise! Utter boyfriend points for him! 

I'll be posting full reviews of both soon when I've given them a proper go. 
I'll be picking up a few more bits from Illamasqua when their website gets restocked so if you have any recommendations please say below! 
Have you tried anything from Illamasqua before? What are your favourite products?


No comments:

Post a Comment