Illamasqua Lipstick in Maneater


I am always on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick, for me the shade is very important as well as its longevity but I hadn't quite found 'the one' before purchasing this.

Described as a classic cherry red with a matte finish I was already loving the sound of it but as I was ordering it online I went on the hunt for swatches to see how it looks on. It looked so different on each person that I couldn't tell what it would actually come out like but I bought it anyway. It arrived a few days later and I couldn't be happier with my purchase! 

First impressions were great, the packaging is unlike any of my other lipsticks, it's sleek yet sturdy and the black boxy look looks great though does pick up dirty finger marks easily.
Being my first lipstick from Illamasqua I wasn't sure how good it would be but for the price tag I was hoping pretty good! 
On first swipe I noticed just how incredibly pigmented this is! The formula is quite dry but creamy enough to apply it easily, it tugs slightly the first few times you apply this but after a few uses the lipstick eases up and is easier to apply. It does cling slightly to dry patches so I'd recommend a lip scrub and balm first but after I'd done this it looked flawless. This is the case for most of my matte lipsticks though so I was expecting it. 

I was so impressed with how well this stayed on, it didn't start to show signs of wear until after an amazing 5 hours later, even after eating and drinking, and I didn't feel the need to touch it up until about 6 hours. 
I did apply this with a lip brush as the shape of the lipstick isn't the easiest to apply around the cupids bow, but for touch ups it's great as wear is normally towards the middle of my lips anyway. 

I find this to be a classic red which is ever so slightly blue toned. I personally prefer these as not only do they make your teeth appear white, but on me they tend to go better than orange based reds with my hair. I'd say this is the perfact staple red shade for all skin tones. I have seen swatches comparing it to Russian Red by MAC and it is a tiny bit lighter but other than that pretty similar so I'd love to know how the formulas compare.

At £16.50 it isn't the most budget friendly lipstick but it's staying power is rivaled only but my MAC mattes and even then I'd say that this wins. It was definitely worth the money as I've been wearing it lots ever since as I don't have to worry about touch ups. 

Have you tried Illamasqua lipsticks before? What's your favourite shade?



No comments:

Post a Comment