Primark Haul


Primark is always very hit or miss for me. Some days I go in and can't find a single thing, others I want to buy the whole shop! 
Normally I use Primark for my basics, their nail varnishes and the odd item that catches my eye but I'd much rather buy staple pieces that will last me for years elsewhere as I know the quality isn't always great.
When I popped into the Tottenham Court Road branch last week I had to stop myself from going nuts, I think it's definitely wise to go early in the morning, there was barely anyone there and most of the stock was untouched meaning that i could find everything easily and in my size for once! 


Straight to their nail section I went and picked up a few bits. I love their sets of four nail polishes as they're great quality for only £2 and I've picked up some of my favourite colours from there. This time I picked up a dual ended nail polish in green and silver for only £1, I love mint greens and the silver looks beautiful with a few coats. It also came with some french nail tip guides to create a french manicure with a twist! I also picked up their confetti 3D manicure. I didn't have very high hopes for this for £2 but loved the mushroom base colour so picked it up anyway to give it a go. The packaging is designed brilliantly and makes it much easier to use without being too messy or wasting too much. I was actually pleasently surprised with the staying power of this! It lasted a good three days during showers, hair washing and washing up until it started to come away. It does feel a little rough on the nails though and caught on things a few times so I will try it next time with a thick top coat and post a full review with swatches. 

I then moved on to the clothes sections and picked up the slightly sheer white box shirt which I'd seen before but they hadn't had it in my size. It goes with everything and is such a flattering shape, I'll definitely be picking up other colours as it was only £8. Next I picked up the blue jumper. I was drawn to the colour as I love bright blues with my red hair. It's cropped so will go great with high wasited skirts or shorts and it was only £10. Lastly was my biggest bargain of the day. The white embellished crop top. I couldn't actually believe that this was from Primark, the beading is so well done and isn't going to fall off in two seconds like some of their other embellished clothes I've seen. I'm like a magpie when it comes to embellishment and at only £14 it was a completely steal compared to similar versions I've seen at Topshop and Miss Selfridges! 

What do you think of the things I've picked up? Have you found any gems in Primark lately?


2 comments:

  1. Wow that embellished crop top is gorgeous, definitely doesn't look like Primark!

    Kylie @ lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I couldn't believe it when I saw it, such a bargain x

      Delete