A Week Of Meals With Pinterest Inspiration


Something a little different on the blog today. With fashion week looming and after a few rather indulgent weekends away I've decided now is the perfect time to get back to healthy eating. 

It's so easy to slip into unhealthy eating, especially when you're busy and keep telling yourself that throwing that pizza in the oven will take you a lot less time than preparing something healthy but truth be told it doesn't have to. And on the days where I do have time to cook properly not only do I really enjoy it, but I just generally feel better when I'm eating well, I have more energy and become more motivated in general.   
I decided to plan a week of meals with the help of good old pinterest before doing my weekly food shop so I could only buy what I need and not only was the food shop actually cheaper, I am genuinely excited for dinner times and cooking these new, healthy and exciting meals! 

I thought I'd share my weeks meal plans for those who are interested and post a little update in my next Sunday catch up to let you all know how it went and how easy it really was. 

First up was tonight's lovely dinner. Monday: 
Inspired by this salad from theintolerantgourmet.com I decided to change it a little bit. I went for a butter bean, tomato, cucumber, mozzarella and avocado salad with coriander and then to add a little more protein and substance to it, I put it with a tuna, lime and coriander fishcake. It tasted amazing! The whole thing took 20 minutes from start to finish but most of that was just waiting for the fishcakes to cook. It was so simple to do and I have lots left over for lunch which will taste amazing cold. If you follow me on instagram you'll see I posted a photo and will try to every night so you can see how they turned out.
Calories - Around  500

Tuesday:
When I saw this photo on pinterest from pineappleandcoconut.com I knew I had to try it! How tasty do they look! You can find the recipe here, it says it takes 35 minutes in total though most of the time seems to be cooking the pepper, and as I'm allergic, I'll be skipping that step it looks like will take no time at all! I'll substitute the filling with other vegetables and the outside with parma ham as that's all my supermarket had.
Calories -  Around 350

Wednesday:
Okay, maybe not the healthiest of the bunch, but as I'm not a milk drinker (it's yucky!) I have to make sure I include enough cheese into my diet for calcium and this just looks so good! I Picked up the healthiest creamy tomato soup I could find, I'll be using brown bread and low fat cheese. The calories really aren't a lot for such a rich dish! I'm definitely looking forward to Wednesday.
Calories: Around 500

Thursday: 
I'm a huge pasta fan, to the point where I used to eat it daily so of course I can't just cut that out. When I normally make cannelloni it's always the traditional spinach and ricotta so I decided I'd try something a little different. This recipe from Chewtown looks incredible! As I'm trying to keep all these meals quite quick I wont be making my own pasta like she does and I'll be substituting the pumpkin for butternut squash as it's the best I could find but I'm really looking forward to making it! 
Calories: Around 600

Friday:
I've wanted to try and make courgette noodles for ages! I want to see if they really can substitute pasta  and taste just as good. Again taking inspiration from it rather than just following the recipe. I'll cook my courgette noodles in a creamy tomato sauce with vegetables. It should only take about 15 mins which will be great for after a busy day. I'll let you know how it goes! This is the one I'm most curious yet apprehensive about. Definitely the healthiest of the bunch, you can find the recipe here.
Calories: Around 250

Saturday:
I've got hooked on quinoa lately but \i always seem to eat it int he same way so had a look to see if I could find any new ways of cooking it. This is basically a mix between pasta bake/lasagna but using quinoa which sounds right up my street! The recipe can be found here, it says it only takes 25 minutes which is great for a dish which looks incredibly filling! I will be using less cheese and ditching the cream so I'm hoping it tastes as good as it looks.
Calories: Around 450

Sunday:
As it'll be a Sunday I figured it's a day for some indulgent food! I'll be using normal pesto (as you know I'm lazy and trying to keep these short and sweet) You can find the recipe here from Sproutedkitchen.com. You can also substitute the pasta with quinoa or rice to mix it up a little and make it healthier.
Calories: Around 500

So there you have it, my meal plan for the week. I'm really excited to be cooking some new things and not my usual 10 recipes that I rotate ( I know I'm not alone with this one) I hope I've inspired some of you! Let me know what you thought of this post, I'd really appreciate any feedback and whether to make it a more regular occurrence!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! All of those meals seams amazing! I will make sure to try out the quinoa lasanga! I have given up white flour and have missed that ever since.. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete