Bumble and Bumble VS Matrix - The Texture Creams


My hair is naturally very straight and fine though I have a lot of hair, it's also in pretty good condition so once left to dry on its own it can look pretty limp and lifeless. It doesn't hold style very easily and if I want any form of movement in my hair in the form of curls, waves or an updo, I have to give it some grip first or it will be down and straight again within the hour. 

This is where my love for texture creams come in! I figured I'd compare both for you today as I've seen a lot of hype around Bumble and Bumble's offering but nothing about the version from Matrix!
You apply both to damp hair and can either give it a blast with the hairdryer for a bit more volume and mess or can leave it to dry naturally. They're designed to matte the hair slightly giving it some grip, volume and texture making either your natural hair a bit more 'un-done' or making your styles last longer. 

First up is Bumble and Bumble's Texture Hair (Un)Dressing Creme*. 
I've had this one for quite a while and it quickly became a staple in my hair routine. It mattes the hair down quite a bit giving it some life and that 'beachy bed head' look we all seem to crave. Sometimes I do feel like this can take the healthy looking shine out of my hair if I use too much at the roots so I usually give my hair a quick spritz with shine spray at the end. 
It has quite a thick consistency and once rubbed between my hands it feels like glue but quite gritty at the same time. A little goes a long way here so definitely apply a little and build up if needs be or you'll need to wash your hair again. I definitely made that mistake a few times at the beginning! 
Bumble and Bumble have, in my opinion, perfected their packaging here too. You twist the end of the tube which raises slightly allowing the product to dispense through the hole and then twist it back down when you're done. This means no disgusting cap with dried product on it! 
Bumble and Bumble's Texture creme is priced at £22 for 150ml which is quite expensive but considering how little you need it really will last a long time! Though for those of you unsure, I love that they also do a travel version of 50ml for £10 so you can try the product before committing to the full size. 

Next is Matrix's Loosely Defined Texture Cream*.
I received this a few months ago and was eager to see how it would compare as it's a much more purse friendly option at only £7.99 for 150ml. 
The consistency as you can see below is runnier than Bumble and Bumbles and feels less tacky on your hands when warming it up in your hands. More like a cream than a glue.
The principle is the same as above, in that it mattes yours hair leaving it messy and easier to style however this doesn't matte the hair as much leaving it shinier and more touchable. If I'm wearing my hair down I find this one keeps it looking very healthy whilst giving it some definition rather than messy, yet doesn't provide the grip I'm after to keep a good style in on it's own.
It's also not easy to overdo this like Bumble's, the more you layer on the more it mattes your hair but as the initial results are less, if you make a mistake and apply to much with this a little rubbing and a blast with a hairdryer fixes it. 
The don't offer a smaller size to try before, which as the price is so great I don't think you'd need to but I do wish they did a travel size so I didn't have to decanter it if I want to take it away.


 L - Matrix R - Bumble and Bumble

In my opinion even though the use of the products are the same the end result from each is rather different. I just can't pick one over the other!
I think Bumble's is great for days when I want more mess, grip and hold for when my hair is up or being curled, however Matrix's works perfectly on natural everyday hair that I still want to move and be touchably soft whilst having a bit of body and life. 

I'd say if you're looking for a texture creme then decide which results you'd want most and purchase that one. Or if you're on a budget go for Matrix's version as you can always build it up!

What do you prefer for your hair? Have you tried either of these before?


No comments:

Post a Comment