Beauty Packing For A Weekend At Style Live Birmingham


Early tomorrow morning I'll be jumping on a train up to Birmingham for the weekend to model for the Bullring's 10th anniversary with Style Live Birmingham. If you hadn't heard about it before, like me, then let me fill you in quickly. 
It's two days of all things fashion this Saturday and Sunday with two huge events going on. First you have Style Live Birmingham at the town hall with catwalk shows through out Saturday and secondly there is the Bullring's 10th anniversary with shows all day Saturday and Sunday showcasing autumn looks presented by Mollie King of the Saturday's. She'll also be joined by the rest of the band at 7pm on Saturday to perform! 

I always pack light if I go away. I'm not one to be lugging a suitcase around it I can help it so usually if it's a trip under 4 days it will all go in my Louis Vuitton Hold All so packing a full beauty routine isn't an option. Here are the beauty bits I'll be taking away with me.

First up is a shampoo/conditioner duo I've been meaning to try out for a while so figured it was the perfect time. It's the Shu Uemura Silk bloom shampoo and treatment* designed for damaged hair. It will be the perfect time to put it to the test to see if it can help my hair during two days of what I imagine to be intense heat styling, brushing and backcombing. Next is a Butterball bath bomb from Lush. I love a relaxing bath after a long day of work and find hotels to be the perfect place to have one. This is packed full of cocoa butter, not only smells incredible but will leave my skin moisturised and soft. For an added dose of hydration I'll be using the Weleda Citrus body oil* when I step out of the bath. It leaves me smelling fresh and my skin extremely soft. I'll be taking my Balance Me pure skin face wash as it removes all traces of my make up easily and leaves my skin soft but not stripped, followed by my new favourite product La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo to keep blemishes at bay and my skin looking great. Next I'll apply Weleda's Iris Hydrating Facial Lotion* to keep my skin happy and moisturised but not greasy so make up can be applied over the top and a slick of Nuxe's Reve de Miel will be applied to my lips morning and night to keep them soft and hydrated. As my make up will be applied for me all weekend for the shows I wont really need any, but just in case I'll be taking with me my beloved Illamasqua Skinbase Foundation, MUA Mega Volume Mascara and  MUA Eyebrow Pencil as I feel these three together are enough to get my face looking flawless with very little effort. 

What do you think of my packing light? Is there anything else you'd recommend me to be taking?

Sam xx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely products. I always end up bringing too much stuff when I go away "just in case".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm like that if I'm going away for a while, but if it's just for a weekend I can't be bothered with carrying lots around! x

      Delete