Empties #3


As you may have noticed I've switched it up from doing monthly posts as I felt I wasn't finishing enough products to warrant posting, yet when I came to photograph everything earlier I realised I'd accumulated much more than I'd thought! Anyway, on to the empties!


Batiste Dry Shampoo in Lace* -  Batiste is definitely my go to brand for dry shampoo, it's cheap and it works! But since dying my hair I find it hard to get their original formulas to work without covering my roots in white residue. This was promised to leave less residue, which it definitely did, and worked just as well but I wasn't a fan of the scent of this one, a bit too musty for my liking.
Repurchase? No, I'll be sticking to their version for redheads!

Aveda Color Conserve Conditioner* - A really nice conditioner, smells amazing, it helped to prevent my colour from fading and was lightweight so didn't leave my hair feeling weighed down but I didn't find it nourishing enough for my regularly dyed hair, I prefer to use something a bit more intense as my hair is quite damaged from work.
Repurchase? No, I'd love to try some of their more nourishing conditioners though.  

Herbal Essences Soft and Smooth Mask - Not the most hydrating of masks but it did leave my hair very soft and manageable, I picked this up for a pound so it was definitely worth the money.
Repurchase? I have just picked up their colour mask but definitely at £1


Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser* - Probably one of my all time favourite cleansers, it's so gentle and takes off every scrap of make up whilst nourishing it. It also doesn't irritate my eyes which is rare for me! 
Repurchase? Definitely, I will be the second I run down my stash of cleansers a little. 

Dermalogica Clean Start Wash Off - This little bottle lasted me such a long time and has been my savior. I found this a little too drying to daily use but it clears up breakouts much quicker than anything else and if my skin is feeling a bit congested, a few days using this and it is back to normal.
Repurchase? Definitely, I'll be picking some up this week.

Weleda Almond Oil* - One of my all time favourite products, great for travelling as it can double up as as a cleanser but my main use for this is a few drops rubbed into the face before bed, it leaves my skin soft and glowing in the morning. 
Repurchase? I already have another one.

Algenist Detoxifying Exfoliator* - I really enjoyed using this sample, a very fine exfoliator which left my skin feeling extremely soft after use. My pores looked less visible after two uses too!
Repurchase? Yes, I'd like to try it a little longer and see if it helps my pores more.

Eve Lom Rescue Mask x2* - Before this mask I thought nothing would ever compare to my Origins Clear Improvement mask but this definitely does! Not only does it draw out impurities but it also contains ground almonds which exfoliate when buffed off. It made such a difference to my skin after one use, that I definitely need it! 
Repurchase? Despite its steep price tag, with my problematic skin I definitely want to invest in this.


I love...Strawberries and Milkshake - I loved this when I first used it, it smells delicious but the more I used it the less I started to like it. The smell became quite a bit artificial and the grains were so fine I didn't feel like they actually did much without using lots of the body wash.
Repurchase? No

Vaseline Active Fresh deodorant - I think I picked this up when I was away and forgot my deodorant one time. It took me a long time to use it up as I really didn't like the smell much but it worked well as a deodorant.
Repurchase? No

Sure Maximum Protection deodorant - My holy grail Deodorant. I didn't know that one could stand so far above the rest before I found this. Now probably onto my fourth one I wouldn't purchase anything else. It keeps me dry and fresh like no other.
Repurchase? I already have.

Sainsburys Strengthening Nail Polish Remover - I didn't feel like this made a huge difference to the strength of my nails but it took nail polish off quickly and mess free. 
Repurchase? I already have as it's so easy to get hold of.

Paco Rabanne Black Xs - I'm sad to have finished my two favourite fragrances at the same time! This was always my night time scent as it was a bit more 'sexy' (don't ask my to describe fragrances!) 
Repurchase? Yes

Nina Ricci, Ricci Ricci - The more daytime of the two. A girly, summery scent I really loved.
Repurchase? Yes

Carmex Cherry Lip Balm - I've lost count of the amount of pots of these I've gone through. I was such a fan for years but now I've found my all time favourite lip balm from Nuxe I don't think I could go back to this as it just wouldn't feel nourishing enough for me, and I'd have to reapply it so much more.
Repurchase? Not any more.

Have you tried any of these before? Have you had a different experience than me?



2 comments:

  1. Might get some of that clean start stuff because my skin has been playing up recently! I remember you recommended it to me ages ago along with the skinetica which was amazing - really want to get my hands on a full size bottle so I can tackle my spots xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing! They do a kit of 5 miniatures which lasted me such a long time. I'd recommend that as it cleared my skin up so quickly using all of them.
      Currently just £18 with £10 of free samples too!
      You can find it here... http://cleanstart.dermalogica.com/uk/html/products/clean-start-skin-kit-11.html
      Sam xx

      Delete