Nuxe Reve de miel


I've always had a bit of a battle with keeping my lips soft and chapped free. They naturally dry out quite quickly especially in harsh UK weather conditions. Combine that with the fact that in a days work I could have 5 different lipsticks, applied, reapplied, taken off with a face wipe and repeated, its not easy to keep them looking and feeling good. 
After noticing how often I used to have to apply my Carmex my brother quite matter of factly just told me to stop using it and my lips would adjust, but of course I don't have that luxury with work, and quite frankly I'd rather not have chapped looking lips! My hunt for the perfect lipbalm that hydrates, tastes and smells great and I don't have to reapply constantly has been going on for far too long. That was until I tried this little pot of wonder on a shoot and fell in love with it. The fact that I could still feel it on my lips long after I'd left the shoot meant I knew I needed to get it. 

(Naughty blogger using it before photographs I know!)

I don't think I've ever been so excited to receive a package, just as the cold weather is starting to set in and my love of lipstick has started again. 
First thing is the packaging. The balm is housed in a nice frosted glass pot, which feels luxurious and definitely matches its price tag. The lip balm itself is the amazing part though. It's extremely hydrating, honestly I've never known a lip balm to last so long on my lips, I only need to apply a thin layer of this a few times a day and a slightly thicker one before bed. It has a thick but smooth consistency and glides on to lips easily. It also smells incredible, I was expecting a honey smell but its actually quite cirtusy which I love. 

I honestly don't think i could ever go back to Carmex anymore, I had to use it the other day after I left this at home and it just doesn't feel nearly as great and nourishing anymore. This definitely now has holy grail status! I can see my going through countless pots of this, and I've been recommending it to just about everyone I know.

Priced at £9.50 from feel unique, it's quite expensive for a lip balm yes, but not bad at all when you consider the fact that you get 15g of product, the same as Carmex pot but it will last you much longer as you only need to apply it half as much.

Have you tried Nuxe Reve de Miel before? Any other products you would recommend from Nuxe?


6 comments:

  1. I've heard their multi purpose oil is amazing, but I've yet to try anything by them, even though it's stocked in my local chemist. Sounds like that balm will be a lifesaver in the colder months, so I'm definitely going to pick some up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is incredible, I can see myself loving this even more in the winter too. Oh I haven't heard a lot about their oil, I'll have to take a look, thanks! x

      Delete
  2. I love this little pot of goodness! It does absolute wonders for the condition of my lips x

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been using bert's bees lipbalm and so far so good. This looks lush though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I haven't tried that one before I'll check it out, thanks :) x

      Delete