Bumble and Bumble Quenching Masque

Bumble and Bumble Quenching Mask *

If you're a regular reader here at A Model in London then you'll know that when it comes to great styling products Bumble and Bumble is the first brand I reach for, however I haven't posted a lot about their haircare on here. I previously used their quenching shampoo and conditioner and loved them. I'd definitely repurchase them if it wasn't for the stupid amount of bottles of shampoo and conditioner currently in my bathroom that I'm trying to use up. I'd heard so many great things about their masks yet hadn't tried one yet so I was very excited to be given their quenching mask to review.

Now I'd seen so many mixed reviews on this product before, either people thought it was incredible or noticed no difference in their hair so I was going in with zero expectations. The mask itself is very rich and easy to apply and massage through the ends. It's very thick and feels luxurious and smells great but not over powering. As it is quite thick it does take a bit of rinsing out so it doesn't weigh your hair down.

The packaging is bright and fun but also practical, it's easy to get product out without squeezing out too much. The amount of hair masks in tubs that I have which make it so difficult to get product out is ridiculous!

After the first wash I have to admit I wasn't bowled over at all. My hair felt a little softer and it was much easier to get a brush through but I couldn't feel a huge difference in my hair, especially not the difference I was hoping for the price. I decided to persevere and keep using it weekly and whilst I wasn't seeing a difference in my hair after every time I used it, after using it for a few months the gradual quality of my hair had drastically improved. My hair was breaking less, growing faster and generally felt much stronger and resilient. 

I have to say that this isn't a mask that is going to cover your hair in silicons to make it feel better and give you that wow softness straight out of the shower, it is going to actually help your hair over time and after using it for months I now favour it over most of my other masks. 

Priced at £30 for 150ml it's not cheap but I'll definitely be replacing it when mine runs out.


2 comments:

  1. I've always wondered about that mask. Recently I've been using more products that don't instantly give me that "wow" feeling, but make my hair better and more manageable in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to switch between this and one that does give me that 'wow' feeling but I definitely think that doing good is better than covering my hair in silicons to pretend!

      Delete