Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze

(Please excuse the grubby pot it's definitely well loved) 

This is definitely one of those products that I would have never even thought to buy until I saw it pop up on countless blogs and convinced myself I needed. I've always been a lover of neutral eyes, favoring beige's and browns and having previously stuck to powder shadows I wasn't sure what to expect but after using this just once I knew it was there to stay in my make up bag. 


The texture is creamy and it blends beautifully. Its very build-able so a little colour swept over the lid can give a sheer finish but built up it can give quite an intense, smokey look. I love this for adding a bit of definition in the day time but also applying it a bit heavier for the evenings. I usually apply mine with my index finger before using a small blending brush to make sure the finish is even and crease free.


It also makes a great eyeshadow base. When applying powder eyeshadows over this not only do they last longer but they also apply more opaque. 
The staying power for these is ridiculous, they really do last. Having accidentally fallen asleep with my make up on after a night out recently (terrible I know!) I woke up to find my make up still intact. It had faded slightly, and there was a tiny but of creasing but for that many hours wear I was incredibly impressed. I imagine they'd last even longer with an eyelid primer too! 

I'd definitely say this is probably the most wearable colour in their collection but I cannot wait to get my hands on some more! With a total of 11 colours available in the UK, both neutral and bright colours, some with matte finishes some with metallic, they make a great alternative to the likes of MAC paint pots at a fraction of the price. 

Priced at £4.99 each and regularly on 3 for 2 I'll definitely be picking up eternal gold, permanent taupe and pomegranate for the autumn.

Have you tried Color Tattoos before? What do you think of them? 


No comments:

Post a Comment