My Top Five Masks


I love masks. They're not only a great quick fix but with regular use overtime they can make such a difference. Here are my top five for the face and hair which I personally find are not only incredible for instant results but also for keeping my skin 'normal' and blemish free and my hair healthy and soft. 

First up is Origins Clear Improvement Mask. Its charcoal based and is used for drawing out impurities from deep under the skin. My skin is quite blemish prone and not only does this calm breakouts and help clear them up quickly when I have them but using it once a week I noticed a big difference in my skin quality, my breakouts were less frequent and my T-zone seemed less oily. It's an added bonus that my skin feels incredibly soft after use. 

Secondly is Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask which I've been reaching for a lot lately. I use this once a week overnight to keep my skin hydrated, especially in winter but it's also great to be used for 15 mins if my skins looking a bit dull or flaky. My skin is left plump and hydrated and I always find my make up sits better after using it. This was incredible last weekend when I was flying and I think it's the first flight I've ever taken where my skin hasn't reacted badly. I also love it when I've got a bit of a sore nose from a cold, it speeds up the healing process.

Next is Coconut Oil. The multi-tasker out of them all. I'll occasionally use this on my skin but keeping it strictly to dry patches as used all over it can break it out. I'll use it all over my body before bed too for a dose of all over hydration. But my favourite use definitely has to be on my hair. It gives it a huge boost of hydration, used overnight I'm left with extremely soft, hydrated and shiny hair. It's also great for an irritated scalp or dandruff so if I've done an intense hair job I'll leave this on all over over night to get my hair back into great condition.

Fourth is Bumble and Bumble's Quenching Mask*. A hair mask which isn't great for quick fixes but incredible for long term use. When I first used this I wasn't a big fan, I didn't notice my hair being an softer or silkier than a normal conditioner, but used weekly I noticed a huge difference in my hair. The ends aren't as dry and are less prone to breaking. Overtime it leaves my hair softer and more manageable, you can tell that it's healthier. This is definitely one that works deep down rather than coating your hair in silicone's to make it feel like it's doing its job. 

Lastly is Lush's Catastrophe Cosmetic. I absolutely love using this after a day at work where I've either had a lot of make up applied or had it taken off and reapplied repeatedly. Another clay based mask it cleans deep down whilst helping to calm blemishes. I love the fact that you have to keep it in the fridge as the cooling effect on the skin is very welcomed after a long day to calm me and reduce puffiness. 

So here are my current top five! Are there any you would recommend? I'm always on the hunt for other great masks. 


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the coconut oil tip, I didn't know Superdrug did one, I'll definitely check it out! Just started following you, you have a lovely blog! x

    Fernanda | Ferdie's Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Hope it helps, their is fragranced but much cheaper than health food shops and if you're only using it on your skin and hair it's not a problem. Thank you so much! x

      Delete
  2. I first started using coconut oil on my psoriasis, and completly agree that it is an essential now.
    Love the sound of the b&b mask. I wasn't a massive fan of their deeeep masque.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got that exact tub of coconut oil and only used it once but found it made my hair greasy. However, my scalp has been very irritated for a while now and I've been trying to think of ways to calm it down. Do you just massage it into the scalp and leave it overnight? Then wash your hair in the morning? Or leave it in? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Massage it in and leave it on over night, you may as well do your ends as well! It helps it you pop the pot into the microwave first so it turns into a liquid, much easier than melting it in your hands. Then just wash it off the next morning, you will have to use a clarifying shampoo or wash it a few times to stop it from looking greasy but it's so worth it! x

      Delete