Nail Picks: Nude


I've always been a bright and bold nail person, up until lately. With the change in weather I've been reaching for nude shades much more. They look so chic and simple and can easily be spruced up a bit with a glitter top coat to change it up. I'm quite pale so finding the right nude shade that doesn't make me look ghostly isn't the easiest but here are four of my most reached for shads right now. 

(From the little finger round)

MUA Love Heart Polish in I <3 U - Probably my most reached for out of the four. It's a great opaque colour in just a few coats, it dries quickly and evenly. Plus it makes a great base for glitters. Currently just £1 in their online sale, I think I'll be placing an order very soon to stock up!

Ciate in Sand Dune - I got this free with Marie Claire earlier this year and was excited to try it as it was my first polish from Ciate. The formula is beautiful and it lasts the longest out of these without chipping. The colour is a slightly pinky brown and is a very flattering colour to wear. I don't reach for this nearly as often as I should!

Barbara Daly in Honeycomb - I love the colour of this, it's an easy to wear true beige which isn't too pale. This is getting a little old now so the consistency isn't great but it's been discontinued *sob* so I'm rationing my wear and trying to find a similar shade.

NYC in Carrie'd Away - The most versatile of the bunch. It makes a great sheer nude after one or two coats if you're wanting your nails to look bare but still beautifully manicured You can see above that they don't look too polished but it enhances what's there. It can also be built up with a few more coats to gain a more opaque finish which makes it look slightly more like MUA's offering. Another great base for glitters.

Have you been reaching for more nude shads lately? Which is your favourite?


No comments:

Post a Comment