Nail Picks: Two Tone


With the party season coming up soon, I'm definitely one to jazz up my little black dress with my hair, make up and nails. I love two tone nails especially in the winter and these plum/blue tones are perfect for the colder months. Two of my favourite budget friendly brands when it comes to nail polishes are Models Own and Rimmel, I find that they both deliver in every aspect. Finish, drying time, how opaque they are, lasting power and of course budget.

Rimmel Metal Rush in Purple Reign - A really gorgeous purple and pink shade. The subtlest two tone of them all as there isn't a huge difference between the two colours. The colour is rich a deep and is the perfect colour for autumn. The metal rush formulas are great and pretty long lasting for a high street brand.

Rimmel Metal Rush in Royal Blue - Another from the Metal Rush collection, this metallic lilac has a subtle hint of teal in certain lights. The name is a bit of a misconception as I definitely didn't see any blue once it was on my nail but still a beautiful colour!

Models Own Beetlejuice in Pinky Brown - This is definitely my most worn the four. It's such a beautiful colour I just find myself reaching for it all the time. It applies easily, dries fairly quickly, lasts pretty well and is a beautiful colour. It's a finely milled glitter pink with goldy brown hints in different lights. It was the perfect summer colour with a bit of a tan and I'm loving it just as much this winter.

Models Own Beetlejuice in Indian Ocean - A gorgeous pastel blue and pink two tone with a gold undertone running through it. The most versitile of them for sure. As much as I love this on it's own it looks beautiful over black, white and similar shades. I'm constantly finding news combinations for this. 

The Rimmel polishes are priced at £3.99 with the Models Own polishes retailing at a slighty more expensive £5 but with bigger bottle sizes. I'd have to say the models own are my favourites just because I find myself reaching for them so often! 

Which are your favourite two tone polishes?


1 comment:

  1. The Models Own Beetlejuice one is gorgeous! Definitely my favourite out of the four. I always eye up the Models Own section whenever I'm in Boots but have never bought anything from there for some reason. I think if I get any money for Christmas this year I'm gonna go on a bit of a shopping spree :)
    I've also seen those Rimmel ones and have been intrigued, but I recently bought their Space Dust ones which are INSANE. The glitter effect is so opaque and it is stunning. If you like glitter and you haven't tried those, I recommend you do! It is almost like a frosty finish as the glitter is so fine.
    Naomi xo

    ReplyDelete